Last modified: January 21, 2019
• The types of information We may collect or that you may provide when you access or use the PeopleNet ConnectedDriver™ mobile application (the “App”); and
• Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information We collect through this App. This policy DOES NOT apply to information that We collect offline or on any other of Our apps, websites, software or services, or information that You provide to, or is collected by, any third party, including without limitation Our customers. Our websites and apps, and those third parties, may have their own privacy policies, which We encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of Our App (1) directly from you when you provide it to Us, (2) from a PeopleNet Fleet Management customer to whom you provide services as an employee or independent driver for which you are using this App (“Your Company”), and (3) automatically when you use the App.
Information You Provide to Us
• When you log into the app, you are required to provide your username (your email address) and your password, and you allow Us to store your credentials for authentication purposes.
• When using the App, you have the ability to create and send messages to, and receive messages from, back office dispatchers (and where functionality is enabled, ConnectedDriver mobile application users).
• When you report a problem with the App or when you connect with us through a feedback form, messaging functionality, or any other similar functionality within the App, you may provide us with information that may include your name, email address, and/or telephone number.
• When you link the App to your PeopleNet Fleet Manager account, provided by Your Company, you provide us with profile information which includes your first and last name, email address, and your Driver ID. Your profile information will be available to you through the App on a read-only basis. You cannot change this information through the App.
Information Provided to Us by Your Company
• Once you have created a ConnectedDriver login, you will be required to link the app to your company’s PeopleNet Fleet Manager account. Your company will use your driver profile information within PeopleNet Fleet Manager (created by the carrier) to validate your link request.
• We may use publicly available information about you available through social media, such as your avatar or picture, to associate with and display in your ConnectedDriver app when you are logged in.
• Your Company may provide other information which will be available to you through the App on a read-only basis.
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
• Usage Details. When you access and use the App, We may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including location data, logs, back-end information and server calls, communication data, and the resources that you access and use on or through the App. We also collect app page views using Google Analytics.
• Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device including among others the device model number, operating system, and browser type.
• Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device only when the device screen is on and the App is displayed.
If you do not want Us to collect this information, do not download the App or delete it from your device if already downloaded.
Information Collection Technologies. The technologies We use for automatic information collection may include:
• Web Beacons. Pages of the App and emails relating to Our App may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information, including any personal information, that We collect or receive about you or that you provide to Us:
• To provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from Us (e.g., support);
• To verify your identity when you are logging into the App and maintain an access log of user logins to the App;
• To display your user profile information and other reporting within the App on a read-only basis;
• To prefill geolocation data regarding your physical location when making duty status changes;
• To prevent you from using the app while in a moving vehicle;
• To provide nearby weather data;
• Detect whether users are in a moving vehicle and display the “Safe Mode” screen if they are;
• To send communications to you or from you through the App;
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it to Us;
• To notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services We offer or provide though it; and
• To improve Our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience (e.g., to recognize you when you use the App).
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about Our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, We may disclose personal information that We collect or you provide:
• To Our subsidiaries and affiliates;
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support Our business;
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Us about Our App users is among the assets transferred;
• To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
• For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information;
• With your consent;
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; and
• If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Us, Our affiliates, Our respective customers, or others.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to Us. This section describes mechanisms We provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
• Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
• Push Notifications. You may have the option to opt out of certain communications to you through the app, e.g., push notifications based on your device ID, through the App’s settings.
• Google Analytics. You can install Google Analytics’ opt-out browser add-on by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout (please note this will not impact collection of metrics regarding your use of the ConnectedDriver app). You can opt out of receiving interest-based Google advertisements, or customize the ads you receive from Google, by visiting http://www.google.com/settings/ads.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
For questions regarding changes to your user name or profile information, please contact ConnectedDriver customer support.
We have implemented measures designed to secure personal information provided by you through Our App from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where We have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of Our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although We do Our best to protect your personal information, We cannot guarantee the security of information, including without limitation your personal information, transmitted through Our App. Any transmission of information through the App is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures We provide.
Children Under the Age of 13
The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. Children under 13 should not have a commercial drivers’ license anyway. If We learn We have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that information.
By email: email@example.com
By mail: PeopleNet Communications Corporation
4400 Baker Road
Minnetonka, MN 55343
ATTN: Privacy Officer (Legal)